Tuesday 9 June 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Most Anticipated Releases for the Rest of 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and the theme this week is the top ten most anticipated releases for the rest of the year. I'm an idiot and I haven't researched this ahead of time, so it looks like I'm going to be hitting up publishers websites instead of revising. Lets face it: I gave up on school aaages ago.
QUEEN OF SHADOWS BY SARAH J MAAS
Release Date: 1st September
Hahaha, you thought we could get through a week without mentioning the Throne of Glass series? Nope. Never. This book is my most anticipated of the entire year, and I mean it when I say that I'd sell my soul to the publishing Gods so I could read it now. Hell, I'll sell everyone's soul. Sorry guys. As far as priorities goes, finding out what happens to the characters is more important than, like, eating and sleeping. Seriously, I just know that this book is going to be amazing, even if it's going to rip me up inside and leave me crying for hours after I'm done. 

ICE LIKE FIRE BY SARA RAASCH
Release Date: 13th October 
I read Snow Like Ashes a month or so and it was amazing. I'm absolutely dying to get my hands on this book and I can't wait to have it in my hands and stare at it in all it's badass glory. I want to see my beloved Theron again so much. You bet that I'm going to read it as soon as it arrives on my door. 

WINTER BY MARISSA MEYER
Release Date: 10th November
It feels like we've been waiting for this book for sooooo long. I love the Lunar Chronicles and I need to know what happens next. I'll probably need to reread the first three to refresh my memory, but this series is amazing and I'm so darn excited to see how Meyer wraps it up. 

CARRY ON BY RAINBOW ROWELL
Release Date: 6th October 
Guys. We're getting a Simon Snow novel. It's Rainbow Rowell. It's fantasy. It's like Harry Potter, but not. The protagonist is gay. I want this book in my life. Fangirl was a wonderful book and if you didn't know, this book is a kind-of-spinoff from that. I have to admit that I'm a little apprehensive to see how Rowell makes this book unlike Harry Potter, but I've decided to put my faith in her. 

A THOUSAND NIGHTS BY E.K. JOHNSTON
Release Date: 6th October
I absolutely love The Arabian Nights, and if you've read my blog before you'll know that I'm a sucker for retellings. Scheherazade is one of my favourite legends and I'm so excited to try this story out. From the summary it looks like it's going to be a unique interpretation, so I hope it's different enough from The Wrath and the Dawn which came out earlier this year (I haven't read it yet, but soon). 
ARMADA BY ERNEST CLINE
Release Date: 14th July 
I read Cline's other novel, Ready Player One, back in 2013 and I absolutely loved it. It was witty, funny, nerdy and brilliantly crafted. I don't read much science fiction and this does sound similar to Enders Game (which I DNF'd), but because it's Cline I have high hopes and I really, really want to read it. 

BLACK WIDOW: FOREVER RED BY MARGARET STOHL
Release Date: 13th October
I'm not a huge Marvel fan by any means, but I want this book so bad. I love that it's about a kickass female protagonist, and I think it looks awesome. Whilst so many people were having fun in NYC I was watching the Book Con livestream (and crying a thousand tears that I wasn't able to go) and Margaret Stohl was talking about this book. I really liked what she said, so I hope that it's good. 

DREAMSTRIDER BY LINDSAY SMITH
Release Date: 6th October
I'll be honest: part of the reason I want this book is because of the cover. It's friggin gorgeous. Anyway, I digress. This book sounds really intriguing and I'm praying to the book Gods that it's good.  This is part of the summary: A high-concept, fantastical espionage novel set in a world where dreams are the ultimate form of political intelligence. Please, please, please be as amazing as that summary suggests. Please. 

NEVER NEVER BY BRIANNA SHRUM
Release Date: 22nd September.
This book sounds amazing. It's a dark retelling of Peter Pan centred around Captain Hook. Anti heroes are always, always my favourite, and I'm just a little bit in love with a certain character in a certain TV show. I don't want this book to portray Captain Hook the same way Once Upon a Time does--actually I'm hoping for a much darker story. Still, this book sounds brilliant and I want it. 

EMMY & OLIVER BY ROBIN BRENWAY
Release Date: 23rd June
From what I can gather from reviews, this is a thoughtful coming-of-age, masquerading as a romance novel because of a misleading title/cover. I don't know too much about this book, but like I said I've read a few reviews and I'm just so damn intrigued by it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS