Tuesday 14 July 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Last Books to Come into My Posession

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and the theme this week is the last ten books that came into my possession (including library books etc.). This is a pretty easy one for me to do, considering I buy a lot of books. I also keep a list of all the books I buy, just so I can bully myself into going on a book buying ban (it never works). If anything, this post is going to highlight how big my book buying problem actually is.
Yup, I already own a copy of this book. Yes, I now own two. Don't judge me. The edition I already owned (the UK paperback) is pretty, but it has nothing on the US hardcover and I just had to own it. I'm not normally like this with books, but I own every Sarah J Maas book in both the US and UK editions. I can't help it.

This book is nothing like the kind of thing I normally buy, but I'm studying Plath's poetry next year for school so I thought that I'd check out her novel too. I've already read and reviewed it and I'm happy that I stepped out of my comfort zone with this one. Whilst it's hardly a favourite, it's a very important book that I think is worth reading.

Much like ACOTAR, I'm a ninny for buying this. I already own it on kindle, but I've been spying the paperback in bookshops for a while now and I couldn't not. It's so gorgeous, and if anything I'm more likely to read it now I own a physical copy.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it before, but my current project is a high fantasy based on the Hades and Persephone myth in Greek Mythology. The reason I bought this book was partly because it only cost £7 in The Works, but also because I want to gather more books on mythology to use for research. This one isn't specific to Ancient Greece, but this impulse buy was actually worth it. Probably.

I got this book from my library, and I should probably start this by saying I highly doubt that I'll actually read it. Alongside Sylvia Plath, I'm studying Hughes next year and although this isn't required reading I wanted to check it out to give me a bit of background information. The thing is, I'm kind of a terrible student and I haven't even looked at it yet. Oops.
I've only read the first three books in this series. Shoot me. I will get to the rest of them this summer now I own them all. Though, knowing me, I'll probably end up repurchasing sometime because the UK edition that I own is absolutely hideous.

I wasn't going to buy this book for a couple of months because I'm going to the US this summer to visit family and the American edition is so much prettier than the one in the UK, but I couldn't resist. This book is near the top of my TBR and I'm so excited to get to it, considering I loved Vicious by V.E. Schwab.

I've wanted to read this book for ages, and when I saw it sitting on the shelf in W.H. Smith's, it was practically begging for me to buy it. So I did. And I haven't read it yet. I know that I'll definitely get to it this summer and I just can't wait.

I brought this book because of a glowing review I saw on Goodreads, but also because it sounded very fairytale-esque. It sounds a little like the tale of Scheherazade (which I love) and I'm so excited to read it no matter how ugly the cover is.

PRINCE OF FOOLS BY MARK LAWRENCE
This was yet another book I purchased because of a review on Goodreads. I'm a sucker for an antihero, and the character of Prince Jalan sounded right up my street. I have actually started this book, and although I put it down (oops) I do have every intention of picking it back up again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS