Tuesday 18 August 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Auto-Buy Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and the theme this week is your top ten auto buy authors. This list was surprisingly hard to create as there are a lot of authors who I would buy depending on the genre they wrote in. For example, if JK Rowling dabbled in fantasy again I would murder a small child in order to get my hands on that book (oh I wish I was joking), yet so far I haven't read any of her adult novels.
If you've read my blog before, this is definitely not a surprise. Sarah J. Maas is my favourite author of all time. I'm currently rereading the Throne of Glass series for the third time, and Queen of Shadows is my most anticipated book of the year (and it's so close I can barely contain my excitement). Because I'm a weird book hoarder I own multiple copies of all her books, and I'm not even ashamed of that. I would read absolutely anything she writes, no matter what genre. By the Wyrd, I'd even read her shopping lists.

Man, I'd read absolutely anything this wonderful writer publishes. I adore both her fantasy and her contemporary works, my favourites being On the Jellicoe Road, Saving Francesca and Finnikin of the Rock. She's genuinely one of the most talented writers in YA and even though she is popular, I think that not enough people have read her books. They're just fantastic.

Even though I doubt Sanderson would ever venture out of specular fiction, I'd still read all of his books that I could. Right now I own nine of his books in physical copy and have a few more on my kindle, though I'm slowly trying to collect them all. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Sanderson is a bloody genius. I've never read another author who can manage to make a 250K book seem fast paced, but he does.

Reading her books has to be one of the most fun reading experiences out there. I love her cutesy love stories and charismatic characters, though I'd read any of her books even if she did venture away from contemporary/romance.

I've only read two of Hodge's books (Cruel Beauty and Crimson Bound) but both of them were fantastic. So far I've only read her fairytale retellings, but I'm pretty certain that if she published something in a different genre I'd jump at the chance to read it. I love her beautiful style of writing and morally ambiguous characters, so I'd be the first in the queue to buy whatever she wrote.
Alex Bracken's The Darkest Minds series is my favourite dystopian trilogy (and one of the very few that actually feels original) and her new book Passenger is one of my most anticipated books for 2016. I love her writing style and her action packed plots, and I can't wait to read more by her.

I've read both her YA books as well as Landline, and I'm beyond excited for the release of Carry On (a fantasy that she's written). I love the way she makes her characters feel so realistic, and I can't wait to see how good she is at fantasy.

Despite his slightly pretentious writing I've really enjoyed everything that I've read by him (Paper Towns being my favourite), and if he announced a new book I'd probably preorder it straight away no matter what the genre. I really enjoy his writing style, so whatever he writes next I'll read it.

I've only read the three books in The Lunar Chronicles (I haven't read Fairest yet) but I enjoyed them a lot so I'm probably going to read whatever Meyer publishes next. Fingers crossed it's another fairytale retelling, but whatever she writes I want it on my shelf. Now.

I've only read one book by her (The Wrath and the Dawn) but I loved it so much that I'm planning on buying whatever she publishes next, as well as sequels. Her writing is just so beautifully and her book was so refreshing to read compared to a lot of YA. I suppose it's too soon to tell, but I have a feeling she might become a favourite author once I read more of her stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS