Thursday 30 April 2015

April Wrap Up/Book Haul

April was not a good reading month for me. I'm now nine books behind on my Goodreads schedule which is just hopeless, considering I read twenty books in April 2014. I blame GCSE's (on a plus note, this time tomorrow I'll have finished my Art GCSE for good! Hurrah!)

I only read four books this much which isn't that many (for me, at least). Without further ado, here's my April wrap up!

Read
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
Date Read: 5th April
Rating: ****
Info: I remember reading this book back about four or five years ago and I loved the whole series. It was funny, relatable (even if I'm not a princess *sigh*) and heartwarming. I bought it on my Kindle at the beginning of the month and decided to give it a quick re-read to see if it was just as good a read at aged sixteen rather than eleven. You know what? I still love it. After my exams, I'll probably download the rest of the series and read them too.

The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman
Date Read: 8th April
Rating: **
Info: The real rating for this is 2.5 because to me it was just okay. I saw this book in Waterstones and I had to buy it because of the kickass summary (librarian spies collecting books from parallel worlds? Yes puhlease). I was so excited to read this but when I did, I just found it to be too much. There was everything and the kitchen sink in this book, and whatever enjoyable elements there were were crushed by an eye roll. Even if I did enjoy it, I was just so disappointed that it wasn't as good as I thought it would be.

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
Date Read: 11th April
Rating: *****
Info: I reviewed this one so I won't go into too much detail, but this book was my second most anticipated of the year (behind Queen of Shadows) and it did not disappoint. I am so in love with this world and I cannot wait to read the next two instalments, even if I have to wait another year for them. Excuse me whilst I go hide in a corner until I can see my beloved Tamlin and Lucien again.

Vicious by V.E. Schwab
Date Read: 15th April 
Rating: *****
Info: I reviewed this as well, but in short I loved it. It was everything I expected and more. I got this book from my dad for my birthday and I may or may not have jumped up and down like a crazy person when I opened it. It was such a wonderful book and now I really want to read more by V.E. Schwab.

Book Haul
Now this is where I'd like to say that I didn't buy many books in April, but I'd be telling a big whopper. In my defence, all of the books I bought were either cheap in the Kindle store, pre-orders or bought from a charity shop so it isn't that bad. I'm trying to buy more books on my Kindle so I can read them on holiday this year.

Assassins Apprentice by Robin Hobb
Royal Assassin by Robin Hobb
Assassins Quest by Robin Hobb
Ross Poldark by Winston Graham
Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson
Dangerous Women by George R.R. Martin and Gardener Dozois
Rogues by George R.R. Martin and Gardener Dozois
Firstborn by Brandon Sanderson
The City & the City by China MiĆ©ville 
Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Yeah, that's a lot of books. Either way, I hope you had a good month and that May will be even better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS