Tuesday 26 May 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That I Plan to Have In My Beach Bag

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and the theme this week is books that I plan to have in my beach bag this Summer. I'm not really a beachy person, but this summer I'm going to Florida to visit family that live there, so I think that I'm going to spend a lot of time on the beach reading, so I suppose this is appropriate!


Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
I bought this book last Summer though because I didn't read it then, I've been saving it for summer this year. It looks like such a summery read, and it's probably the perfect way to waste a few hours in the sun.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
I love this book and I really want to reread it at some point. It's the perfect lighthearted and cute romance, and if possible I'd like to read the whole trilogy (of companion novels) this summer.

Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Again, this is another book which I think will make a perfect beach read because it just looks like a romantic and lighthearted way to spend a few hours. I love Rainbow Rowell's writing and I think that it really does lend itself to being a beach read.

American Gods by Neil Gaiman
I do enjoy reading light and fluffy books on the beach, but I also like immersing myself in big epics. I know nothing about American Gods aside from how big it is, and I want to read this book whilst I'm in America purely because of the title.

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson
I started this book earlier this year but I didn't finish it because of time. For me it's the perfect beach read because I'll need a few hours with no distractions to get into it, and from what I've read so far it's really immersive.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz 
From what I can gather, this book is a wonderfully written and moving contemporary. It's just the kind of thing I want to read on the beach, especially when the cover itself makes me feel really summery.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by JK Rowling 
I'm slowly rereading the Harry Potter series and I think they make perfect beach reads because I can slip in and out of it whenever I want to because I've read it so much. It's also really nostalgic and gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

The Wrong Side of Right by Jenn Marie Thorne
I don't own this book but I've read a couple of reviews and it looks amazing. The cover is gorgeous, which is always a bonus.

The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson
This is the last book in the Mistborn trilogy, and like with the Way of Kings I feel like I need a couple of hours of no distractions to immerse myself in the world. I'm working on reading all of Sanderson's books, and I definitely want to read this as I adore the first two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS