Tuesday 2 June 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Love to See As Movies/TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and the theme this week is books that we'd like to see as movies or TV shows. I've been looking forward to this week for so long as there are so many books which I'd love to see as adaptations in some way, shape or form.

TV SHOWS 
Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
It's no secret I love this series, but can't you imagine it as a TV programme? Just imagine how wonderful the costumes would be, or how amazing it would be to see the story and world develop as the episodes go on? I'd love it if each book would be a series of about ten/twelve episodes. It would be perfect. Also if there's a chance that you know Joss Whedon, please force him to read these books. Imagine how he'd write the dialogue. *drools*

The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson
HOW COOL WOULD IT BE TO SEE ALLOMANCY? I'd love to see Sanderson's world adapted, but in my opinion the books are far too big for a film and I think that this would make a perfect TV show. 

Uprooted by Naomi Novik
I read this book a few days ago and thought it was just wonderful. I think that this would make a good eight part show because the world is fantastically creepy/rich, and the slow building character development would be gorgeous to watch. 

The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
I know this has already been optioned for a film, but because of the backstory/size of the books I think that it'd make an even better show. So much would have to be cut out to create a film and I would love to see this on the small screen. 

FILMS
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Can someone please turn this into a film? I'll sell you my firstborn. As long as the writer/director doesn't go down the cheesy route and does it justice, I think that this book would be perfect for the big screen. 

Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
If this was done right, the film would be dark, sexy, romantic, weird, and just wonderful. I need this to happen. Please. 

On the Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
I want someone to make this into a beautifully written indie film. I think that the plot/characters would translate so well into a movie, and you bet I'd be the first in line to see it. 

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales
Again I'd like this as an indie film, but the musical element of this book would just be incredible to watch. I absolutely adore this book and I really hope that it gets turned into a movie one day.  

Ready Player one by Ernest Cline
Imagine this as a three hour long epic film, filled with nerdy references, amazing sets and wonderful actors? It would be glorious

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I love me some cute romantic films, and I think that Fangirl would be perfect to adapt. It'd be the cutest thing ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS