Monday 29 June 2015

Why I Want To Join The #WITCHLANDERS

Unless you've been living under a rock recently, I assume you know about Truthwitch. I wouldn't be surprised if twitter broke because of all the caps locks and hashtags. If, for some strange reason, you hadn't heard of it, Truthwitch is Susan Dennard's new book that is coming out in 2016. *squeals with excitement*
This blog post is my entry to join the #WITCHLANDERS (caps lock is 5000% necessary). If you want more info/to enter, click here.

I'm notoriously bad at summarising stuff so I obviously couldn't fit my excitement for Truthwitch into  140 characters. So, here goes my attempt NOT TO TALK IN CAPS LOCKS ALL THE TIME. Ahem.

*clears throat*

I want to join the #WITCHLANDERS because Truthwitch is one of my most anticipated books of 2016. More than that, I've been looking for a book series with characters that feel real and I think that Truthwitch is exactly what I need. I want to meet Iseult, Safiya, Baedauan, and Merik, and from the snippets that have been shared I can tell that I'm going to love them. The best kind of escapism in the world is books, and I'm dying to enter the world of the #WITCHLANDERS. I also love books with maps, and the Truthwitch one is bitchin'.

I also want to join the #WITCHLANDERS because Susan is honestly one of the nicest authors on the internet, and I want to make sure that she gets the recognition that she deserves. By this, I mean that I'm going to force everyone I know to read Truthwitch no matter how much they refuse. The whole world should want to read about Merik as much as I do.

Another reason is that I really want to feel like I'm part of something, and there's nothing better in my eyes than a group of people who are all eager and excited about a book.

I was going to bake cookies and write Truthwitch on them in icing, but someone *glares angrily at my sister* used up all the eggs and cookies without them never turn out well. Aside from that, I have kind of nice handwriting so I decided to do some fancy schmancy calligraphy. It's really wobbly as I did it at 10PM and the only light I have in my room is from an energy saving lightbulb, so it's kind of dark. Anyhow, here's my attempt at being mildly creative:
You can click for the full sized image, but I warn you that you can still see the pencil outline as I currently don't own a rubber that doesn't look like it's been infected by some kind of disease... so basically, don't click on the full sized image because it highlights my incompetence regarding stationary. 

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that I'm SO EXCITED for Truthwitch, and you should be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS