Tuesday 12 May 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I REALLY Want to Meet

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish and this Tuesday the theme is top ten authors that I really want to meet! Without further ado, let's go!

Sarah J Maas
SARAH IS MY QUEEN, OKAY? The Throne of Glass series is my favourite series of all time and I adored A Court of Thorns and Roses as well as her Starkillers cycle. Aside from her books, Sarah's twitter feed and blog is just hilarious and I can honestly say that out of every other author, she was the one who inspired me to write fantasy. Though I don't know if I'm cheating with this one as I'm meeting Sarah in TWO WEEKS! I. Can't. Even.

JK Rowling
This is a no brainer, right? J.K. Rowling IS my childhood and I'd love to meet her and thank her for writing Harry Potter. If you've seen Rowling's twitter feed recently, you'll also know how much of a bamf she is.

Susan Dennard
Oh look, a wild Sarah J Maas appeared!
I want to meet Sarusan sooo bad. I love the Starkillers Cycle (which she writes with Sarah J Maas), she is so lovely to her fans on twitter. Also, FYI, sign up for the Truthwith Street Team (if you don't know what I'm talking about, click here) because I AM SO EXCITED IT'S UNREAL.

Brandon Sanderson
Brandon Sanderson is easily one of my favourite authors, but the main reason I'd love to meet him is because his writing advice is fantastic. He posts his writing lectures online and he's honestly an encyclopaedia for the fantasy genre.

Alexandra Bracken
I love the Darkest Minds trilogy, but I want to meet Alex Bracken because she honestly seems like one of the nicest people out there. She also created Liam Stewart so that's a bonus.

Melina Marchetta
Melina Marchetta writes such beautiful prose and I'd love to thank her for writing each and every one of her books. As well as being one of my favourite authors, I find her novels moving in a way that very few other authors can achieve.

John Green
As much as I love John's books, the main reason that I want to meet him is because of everything he's done on the internet in creating the Nerdfighters, Project for Awesome and all the other brilliant things he does. Also Augustus Waters. Just saying.

Sara Raasch
I read Snow Like Ashes a week ago and it's easily one of the best books I've read this year, and her tumblr is definitely stalkable. And stalkable is definitely a word.

Patrick Rothfuss
Is this a bad time to mention that I've never read a book by Pat Rothfuss? Yeah, it might be. Let me elaborate. I've never read one of his books but I've seen panels on YouTube which he's on and he is honestly hilarious as well as super smart. I feel like I could get a lot of writing advice as well as laugh my head off.

Marissa Meyer
It's no secret that I love the Lunar Chronicles. They're clever, funny, badass, and based on fairytales. If you haven't worked out by the title of this blog I adore fairytales. Marissa Meyer is yet another author I'd love to meet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS